TAKE THE OBAMA TRAIL: ROADTRIP TO THE WHITE HOUSE
Alamo sets the course for travellers to the US
A road trip from Boston to Washington D.C. via NYC and Chicago looks set to be popular with visitors to the US this year as President Obama gets his feet firmly under the White House table. The freedom and convenience of booking a car with Alamo Rent A Car means holidaymakers can take in some of the key locations on Obama's road to becoming the 44th President of the USA.
Get your journey started with Boston car rental, and enjoy the city where the young Obama finished his training at the illustrious Harvard Law School and became the first black president of the Harvard Law Review. Follow the Freedom Trail and enjoy the city's fabulous seafood restaurants from which it's just a short drive to New York City - Barak's home while studying at Columbia University. Visitors will be spoilt for things to do in the city that never sleeps with everything from the Statue of Liberty to shopping at Bloomingdales. Or start with New York car rental and do things the other way round!
Why not save some energy and head out on the road to Chicago where Obama's political career began. Alamo's extensive range of vehicles means travellers can book something spacious and enjoy the scenic route - taking in Lake Erie and Lake Michigan en route to Chicago.
Then it's on to elegant Washington DC – centre of America's political history. Spring roadtrippers will enjoy the spectacular displays of cherry blossom across the city whilst visiting the Lincoln Memorial, the White House itself or the wealth of museums, restaurants and stylish shopping in arty George Town.
With 267 corporate-owned and licensee Alamo locations in the USA, Alamo is the perfect travelling companion for holidaymakers following Obama's road to the White House. When it comes to exploring Alamo has a car to suit every requirement and budget, from the environmentally friendly Toyota Prius, to the roomy Chevrolet Trailblazer, to the Cadillac DTS for that touch of presidential luxury. And Alamo's fully inclusive products mean travellers can budget easily and know exactly how much they have left for those essential shopping trips.
–Obama fever has made a US road trip more popular than ever says Amy Dorrington, Marketing Director for Alamo. –Alamo's great value rates mean everyone can afford to take the –Obama Trail and visit some of America's most historic cities and iconic sights. We advise that customers book in advance to guarantee their car of choice and as smooth a start to their trip as Obama's to the White House!.
TAKE THE OBAMA TRAIL
- Honolulu, Ohahu, Hawaii – Obama's birth place. Fabulous beaches, stunning scenery and buzzing bars and restaurants
- Los Angeles, California – Hollywood attractions and miles of beautiful coastline to explore.
- New York City – Obama studied at Columbia University in upper Manhattan. Must sees' include the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty and Grand Central Station.
- Boston – Obama went to Harvard Law School and became the first black president of the Harvard Law Review. Enjoy the nightlife on offer on the Freedom Trail.
- Chicago, Illinois – Obama became senator for Illinois and met his wife Michelle there. Top date locations include the Art Institute of Chicago and the panoramic bar on top of the John Hancock Center.
- Florida – A key state during Obama's election campaign and notable particularly for voting Democrat for only the fourth time in 50 years. Visit glitzy Miami or find family fun in Orlando's theme parks and take a tour of the Everglades. Florida Car Rental from Alamo.
- Washington DC – The end of one journey and the beginning of another for Obama. Visit the National Air and Space Museum, the White House, the Lincoln Memorial and cool shopping and bars in George Town.
For further press information please contact Margot Tomkinson or Alison Reeson at HSL, Churcham House, 1 Bridgeman Road, Teddington, Middlesex TW11 9AJ. Telephone: 020 8977 9132. Fax: 020 8977 5200. email:email@example.com
Notes to Editors
Founded in 1974 and headquartered in St. Louis, Alamo Rent A Car is a value-oriented, internationally recognized brand serving the daily rental needs of airport leisure travelers. Alamo offers low rental rates and a fun, hassle-free customer experience at the most popular travel destinations throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, Latin America, Asia and the Pacific Rim. Alamo also serves as the official rental car company of Walt Disney World® Resort and Disneyland® Resort.
A technology innovator and industry leader, Alamo launched the industry's first real-time Internet booking engine in 1995 as well as the industry's first and only Online Check-In system in 2005. In addition, Alamo currently operates 159 self-service kiosks at 65 U.S. locations, which earned the company the –Extra Mile Award from Budget Travel magazine in 2007.
Customers who book online receive Alamo's best rates always — guaranteed. In addition, customers who choose the –Prepay & Save option when making their online reservation may receive an additional 10 percent discount.